Changing a domain in WordPress is a pain. I've had to do a few lately and things are happening sportily fast 😀 . If I can summarize the steps are 2 – of course without moving the files, настройките ако се сменя изцяло хостинга.

1. Промяна на старото URL със новототука нещата са тривиални. Отваряте си wp-config.php файлът и във него поставяте следните 2 order

define('WP_HOME','http://example.com');
define('WP_SITEURL','http://example.com');

Като замествате http://example.com със вашият нов.

2. So far, the site opens well, the urls work, but the uploaded content as pictures, documents and so on are not visible. Rough intervention is already required here. The old urls must be replaced with the new ones in the database. This was a terribly unpleasant process, especially for novice users, which do not handle SQL syntax well, but there is already a pretty nice script searchreplacedb2, who does everything unpleasant for you. Its use is trivial – you upload it to the main directory where your wordpress page is located and open it through your browser. След това следвате стъпките като първо ще ви пита за потребителско име и парола който е взел от вашия wp-config.php и след това ще ви пита за новото и старото url. After the last step you will have to wait for me it took an average of 40 seconds -50 seconds.

This is basically nothing difficult or super complicated.

I was sick for a whole week and I had a hard time reading about Cisco that the module exam was coming soon and basically doing nothing I finally took, that I ran away 😉 I decided to play a little with the CSS on my topic now is the time to hear wild laughter and falling from the chair. It's just that my design skills and knowledge of CSS are ridiculous. Which didn't stop me from making a few small changes to the theme of my blog.

The main changes are 3 😀 they are not many but they are from the heart. I will soon be playing to change a lot of things, that the one already tight seems wooden to me, and change:

  1. Read More the link below the articles leads to the moment when the article is divided. It used to lead to the beginning
  2. Clicking on the comment bubble now leads directly to the comments. It hadn't led anywhere before
  3. Something that irritated me changed the color of the links in the articles, the color is not the best but it is happening for now until I subject everything to a radical change

I made a few changes to the code of the topic that I thought were reasonable for various visualizations, but this will not affect much.

After I got home from work I played with stat press my supplement, that it worked terribly slowly – when I clicked on the statistics I had 2-3 minutes loading page 😐 full corpse. Today I finally decided to fix this crazy bug. First I looked at the design of the database where the information used by the add-on was stored – I was shocked by any size index and it is not small at all over 220MB and above 1000000 (million) order. I quickly reviewed the requests and saw, in which which fields take the most part were 3 spider feed и date. I immediately made them a full index and checked the result was stunning 20-30 seconds loading pages. The result is eloquent and most – the interesting thing is, that the resources used by DB have not changed dramatically despite the indexes I typed into it. I'm still not completely happy, I will read all the sql that the plugin does and see what can be optimized on them, although it will be harder there already.

I also changed the urls of my small blog for better SEO. Not that I'm interested in it or I'm going to rip to be in the first places on google, but if I can pull a little why not 😉