Male how I hate these guys from Mysql 😆 Today I did the update from mysql 5.1 to 5.5 version and again the server did not start, a in the mysql log everything died clean and simple with:

110527 9:27:38 [ERROR] Unknown/unsupported storage engine: InnoDB
110527 9:27:38 [ERROR] Aborting

Hah remember what's going on 😀 After I started banning settings on my.cfg things started only after I banned


Crazy work 🙂 Without this option in the configuration, everything worked like humans, however, this situation did not suit me, because innodb is not used on this server and does not need to take up unnecessary memory, which is scarce anyway. After some digging I found the problem and its corresponding solution. If no default storage engine is set, the server will not recognize the command and will not start accordingly 😯 . It seems to me that they have already slightly exaggerated in their previous upgrade from 5.0 to 5.1 things were dramatic again, at least 10 of the parameters in my.cfg had different names and at least 5 were dramatically cut and unsupported. This time only one problem 😀 The solution to the problem is obviously to set the default storage engine, which happens with the following command


From then on, everything worked the same way.