It's been a long time since I last wrote but I'm terribly busy with my new job, I haven't settled in yet and I haven't put the Internet in my new place. Separately, that the hosting where my small blog was located had a lot of hardware problems and there was a period in which it could not function due to my inability to have physical access to the machine. After much thought, I decided to transfer my blog to a public web server, a decision that required a lot of thinking and not a very easy acceptance. After all, I'm primarily a system administrator, and that strikes my pride a lot, but at the moment I don't have any suitable machine to host the site like that, that I swallow the bitter bite and move on. Excluding this fact and the fact that I am extremely limited by the possibility of manipulating the settings of apache + php + mysql things don't look so bad. People make regular backups have their disaster recovery plan have their technical help you can ask for help – както и се наложи за да импортират бекъпа на базата ми данни които е в скромния размер от около 1GB. За сега има още няколко дребни настройки да се довършат но това ще е като имм нерви да се боря с тъпия cpanel 😆

eAccelerator is a wonderful mechanism to speed up slow php. Общо взето идеята е елементарна 😆 при изпълнение на php скриптове тая щуротия ги пази до opcode level and on the next call if there are no changes in the script the opcode copy is used. The result is faster execution at low server load, less waste of resources. Basically it is.

Now to share the simplicity that I managed to create. A little less than a week ago on a server I updated the php version I use because of the fatal one CVE-2010-4645 bug. I updated the version to 5.2.17 where I saw, that it has been repaired. I didn't risk it 5.3.5 version, that there are differences and I don't know how it will work , and most importantly, it was late at night. Said done. The update went more than smoothly, but after I finished I was impressed that the agility of the site dropped a lot. But one of the developers had warned me, that they would test new scripts and I didn't pay much attention to it. Yesterday I had to set some cron to php and when I played them I saw a rather unpleasant inscription, that my compilation of eAccelerator is for the start version of my php and does not work with the new one ;). Everything is clear now. I quickly recompiled the eAccelerator and everything fell into place according to rough observations. The loading of the pages dropped twice as valuable megabytes of RAM were released.. In general, at least I have already done the test and it is certainly useful especially for over 200 user online things become quite eloquent and at 400 😉 There are other mechanisms but according to the tests the eAccelerator is the most competent choice. I don't have much time for testing so I trust people 😀

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v = eJarZiMQaKA

Malmo is an extremely interesting new project – It is generally designed to protect hosting servers from malware on it, created by my friend and linux guru ShadowX. To clarify what exactly is meant – nothing prevents you from throwing at which hosting a nice c99 shell, for example, and if it is not well-tuned file system, nothing prevents the evil hahor to get access to shell. In general, the idea of ​​malmon is to monitor the upload of such pleasant misery and move them to a quarantine directory other than the document root.. The principle on which it works is quite pleasant – monitors for created new files in a folder that is set to watch the software and in the presence of some file that matches certain signatures sends it to the eternal hunting grounds. Something like antivirus software 😉 The script is written in python which makes it light, fast and flexible. To keep track of new files created, it uses the relatively new kernel mechanism inotify. Although the script is not yet officially a stable version of 3 days I have not had problems on a decently loaded server – one of the sites there is in the top 100 на tyxo 😉

I can keep pouring dry statistics and deep explanations of how the code works, But I will not do it. I will rather urge you to download it, test it and if you have suggestions to write to the author 😉 If you see bugs, write to him again, people are wrong and it is good to support each other.. Cheers!