Over the weekend I found time to play again with “favorite” my slackware or to be exact with a few slax derivatives 🙂 in general one was Backtrack3 and the other Language which our cattle plus two more that were not so interesting 🙂 . After the installation of both I noticed a very interesting problem 😉 when setting up static IPs the system was still firmly on DHCP. I'm checking rc.inet1.conf all right hmmmm. I start rc.inet1 my monkey starts again DHCP search for the corresponding LAN interface 😎 I quickly drew a script to pick them up automatically as I need, but curiosity gnaws at me, why 🙂 hmmmm I call this to look what's in rc.inet1 😮 completely new structure when looking at an angle quickly I see that things are not rosy at all or it has been quite modified by the authors of the distros or…. in Slax itself it comes like this (the second I will test it today). Overall, the solution to the problem was clear. I took one off rc.inet1 from slackware and everything falls into place. Later I will read why people have changed things like that and if there is something interesting I will add it here. Only for the orange I will add that our boy has done an extremely good job and my distro is suitable for desktop work and for beginners.